Saturday, June 21, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
Sabin Bălașa (June 17, 1932 in Dobriceni, Olt – April 1, 2008, Bucharest) was a contemporary Romanian painter. His works are described by himself as belonging to cosmic Romanticism.
He completed his high school education at Frații Buzești High School in Craiova in 1950. Among Bălaşa's most notable works are several large-scale fresco paintings, such as those decorating the inside of the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași.
Galleries in the country and abroad:
Rome 1978, Rome 1980, Stockholm 1982, Bucharest, National Art Museum, 1982, Kerkera Greece 1985, Moscow, Tbilisi and other capital cities of the ex USSR 1988, Bucharest, 1992, Israel 1994, Bucharest World Trade Center 2000, Iași Universitatea A.I. Cuza 2002, Bucharest 2005
- 1962 - Minuni la Mărgărit by Ioana Petrescu, Tineretului Publishing House
- 1965 - Râdea mesteacănul by Emilia Căldăraru, Tineretului Publishing House
- 1966 - Unde fugim de-acasă? by Marin Sorescu, Tineretului Publishing House
- 1967 - Manzul by Mihai Negulescu
- 1970 - Închide ochii şi vei vedea Oraşul by Iordan Chimet, Ion Creangă Publishing House
- 1972 - Lacrimile Lăcrămioarei by Virgil Chiriac, Ion Creangă Publishing House
- 1973 - Căprioara din vis by Vasile Voiculescu, Ion Creangă Publishing House
- 1983 - Horea by Ion Hobana, Ion Creangă Publishing House
- 1995 - Luceafarul by Mihai Eminescu, Junimea Publishing House